Batley Parish Church is part of the town’s long history and its Gothic style make it a landmark building. The church was resorted in 1873, when old family boxed were replaced by the present pews. Shortly after this a vestry was built and in 1923 two bells were added to the existing six. The oldest of these bells dates back to 1658.
The building appears to have been without an organ until1830 when one was installed in the south chantry chapel. This was replaced by another instrument in 1943 positioned in the south aisle and the present organ was installed in 1965. The current vestry was added at this time.
Please contact us for a copy of The Batley Parish Church leaflet or email email@example.com